Commercial Banking Officer II
Posted on: April 15, 2019
Company DescriptionSTCU is a growing regional credit union that is
consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the
nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine---s Great
Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to
serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard,
have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in
our members--- lives. We love people who share our passion for
integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and
celebration.STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan --- medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing planJob DescriptionThe Commercial
Banking Officer II provides a key role in the growth and promotion
of STCU---s Commercial and Business Services products and account
services. The position is primarily responsible for developing and
managing a disciplined marketing process by identifying effective
steps and strategies necessary to maintain and expand commercial
and industrial (C&I) relationships with business members and
prospects with borrowing needs in excess of $250,000.Principal
AccountabilitiesMember Business Loan Portfolio and Production
- Meet and exceed individual C&I loan, fee and deposit
- Identify adequate terms, pricing, and conditions for
presentation to credit administration within established
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to STCU---s Member Business
Loan policy, standards and procedures.
- Ensure timely and thorough monitoring of loan portfolio;
minimizing delinquency and loan maturities. Identify weak credits
and create action plans to strengthen or exit problem credits in
cooperation with appropriate authority level.
- Work proactively to develop and maintain sound credit skills in
cooperation with the Commercial Banking Manager and Commercial
Credit Administrator.Member Relationships--
- Identify, develop and market all applicable STCU products and
services to existing members and prospective business
- Review and respond to feedback received in service
- Maintains confidentiality of member information.Partners and
- Develop and maintain partnerships with STCU Community
Development/Community Relations, with the branches and within the
Commercial and Business Services Department.
- Participate in community oriented organizations and activities
to promote STCU and Commercial Lending.QualificationsKnowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor---s degree in Business, Finance or related area
required; or equivalent combination of education and experience may
- Minimum of three years commercial and industrial lending
- Minimum three years successful sales experience in a production
environment (deposits, cash management products, business
- Strong analytical skills, credit judgment and underwriting
- Proven ability to develop and sustain deep member
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook,
Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including
public speaking skills to represent the credit union in the
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining
positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse
work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and
communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain
reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Dependable transportation is required due to frequent travel to
members--- business locations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete
duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled,
and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, see and operate a
computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.Work
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or
moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented
environment.--Additional InformationPlease review our website for
more information at--www.stcu.org/careers.
Keywords: STCU, Kennewick , Commercial Banking Officer II, Accounting, Auditing , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!