Business Banking Officer I
Posted on: June 12, 2019
Company DescriptionSTCU is a growing regional credit union that is
consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the
nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine's Great
Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to
serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard,
have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in
our members' lives. We love people who share our passion for
integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and
celebration.STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan - medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing planJob DescriptionThe Business
Banking Officer I is an integral part of the overall Commercial and
Business Services delivery and is key to the growth and promotion
of the STCU business member portfolio. The position is primarily
responsible for establishing and developing new member business
loans and deposits and expanding cash management products to
existing members as well as new prospects. The Business Banking
Officer I approves/originates business loans and member service to
members with credit needs less than $250,000.Principal
- Provide outreach to existing and potential members.
- Partner with branch staff to assist business members and to
coach/train branch staff on products and services offered by
Commercial and Business Services.
- Develop a high value business prospect list.
- Schedule face to face contact with prospects and convert to new
- Identify, develop and market all applicable Commercial and
Business Services products and services to existing and prospective
member business owners.
- Manage business relationships through consistent communication
with business owners to assess their level of satisfaction with
STCU and to determine further needs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with STCU Community
Development/Community Relations Departments.
- Participate in community oriented organizations and activities
to promote STCU and Business Services.Member Development and
Business Loan Production
- Respond to and develop internal referrals from Branch and
Contact Center partners.
- Proactively contact current business members to build deeper
- Partner with Branch staff and the Cash Management Officer to
develop treasury management relationships.
- Build Business Banking lending portfolio utilizing the Retail
Business Loans product and Accelerated Loan Approval Program
- Maintain knowledge of and adheres to STCU's Member Business
Loan policy, standards and procedures.
- Identify adequate terms, pricing and conditions for
presentation to credit administration within established
- Work proactively to develop and maintain sound credit skills in
cooperation with the Business Banking Manager and Commercial Credit
- Refer members, as appropriate, to other STCU departments,
including Commercial Lending, Investment Services, Cash Management,
Card Services, Lending Center and/or Real
Estate.QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related
field required or an equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum three years in a financial institution with experience
working with business clients.
- Minimum three years successful sales experience in a production
environment (deposits, cash management products, business
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining
positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse
work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and
communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain
reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete
duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled,
and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed. Physical
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer
keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.Work
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or
moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented
environment. Additional InformationPlease review our website for
more information at
Keywords: STCU, Kennewick , Business Banking Officer I, Accounting, Auditing , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!