19337 - Elementary Principal
Company: Kennewick School District 17
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Applications will be accepted
Wednesday, March 8, 2023 12:00 AM --
Thursday, March 23, 2023 10:00 PM
(Pacific Standard Time) Do you know someone who should apply for this job? Send this job posting to him or her! We'll send an email and include the job details and a link to this posting.Recipient's NameRecipient's EmailYour NameYour Email
Send me a copy 19337 - Elementary Principal Job Description POSITION: #19337 Elementary School PrincipalLOCATION: -Cottonwood Elementary SchoolPOSITION OPENS: -March 2, 2023POSITION CLOSES: March 23, 2023 or until filledBASE SALARY RANGE: - $134,341 - $144,616 (based on 2022-23 salary schedule)PRINCIPAL LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Kennewick School District places a high value on the leadership skills of our principals. Principals are given the primary responsibility for developing a strong team and high levels of student achievement within their school. This requires the principal to be able to develop and evaluate school programs and personnel and lead a strong team focused on the core academic needs of students. -
The Kennewick School District has a comprehensive assessment system. Principals are responsible for analyzing results and using the assessment data to support a continuous cycle of program improvement. Our assessment system provides objective data to analyze student achievement and school programs.Providing a meaningful evaluation that leads to professional growth for our staff is a priority for our administrators. The Kennewick School District uses the Danielsen Framework to provide feedback and targeted -professional growth for our teachers. Building administrators are expected to fully implement the framework and our evaluation processes -with an emphasis on professional growth for our teaching staff.The curriculum department is working with schools on the implementation of the Washington State Learning -Standards and providing our students the knowledge and skills they need to be successful -on the Smarter Balanced Assessment. The Kennewick School District adopts curriculum district wide. Each school in cooperation -with the school district develops an implementation plan for the adopted curriculum.The team of 18 elementary principals in the Kennewick School District are a strong collaborative team. They share ideas, solve problems, and work closely together to make our elementary schools as effective as they can be.The support systems are in place for the right candidate to be very successful in this new era of educational administration.
1. Master's degree in education administration or related field and current
administrative credential for middle school
2. Washington State Admin Certificate
3. Successful administrative or leadership experience
4. Successful school teaching experience
-PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:1. An academic background and experience in staff supervision and staff development.
2. An in-depth understanding of learning theory and effective instructional strategies.
3. A thorough understanding of elementary curriculum.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share and focus staff toward accomplishing long and short term goals.
5. A demonstrated ability to work well with people from a variety of backgrounds.
6. A demonstrated ability to provide energetic, positive and creative leadership to implement school improvement plans.
7. A strong background in reading and math curriculum and instruction.
8. The ability to provide strong leadership in a shared decision making environment.
9. The ability to use assessment data to evaluate school programs and pupil progress toward education standards.
10. The ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience.
11. Provide positive high profile leadership for the school and community.
12. A demonstrated ability to help teachers improve instructional strategies.
13. Multiple language ability preferred, especially Spanish.
14. The ability to analyze state, district and classroom assessment data to improve instruction.
15. Training and or experience in Response to Intervention program development and implementation.16. The ability to monitor, assist, and evaluate effective instruction and assessment practices.17. Ability to provide for the physical and emotional safety of students and staff.18. Ability to create a school culture that promotes the ongoing improvement of learning and teaching for students and staff.JOB DESCRIPTION:1. Demonstrate knowledge of the attributes of high achieving schools and an ability
to provide leadership toward those goals.
2. Assist with supervision of all school staff, students and building programs
3. Demonstrated knowledge of school data systems for all phases of student
scheduling, reporting and data collection
4. Demonstrate knowledge or experience in the integration of the curriculum and
performance based education
5. Analyze and apply contemporary research and findings from current practice to
the improvement of our school's curriculum and instructional program
6. Demonstrate leadership skills that foster teamwork and collaboration
7. Lead efforts to personalize the educational experience for individual students
8. Be creative, forward looking and insightful in dealing with group as well as
9. Apply knowledge of best instructional practices to effectively evaluate the
10. Coordinate and supervise open house, conferences, athletic programs, social
events, parent activities and special events
11. Work closely with parents and parent teacher organization in implementing
practices that reflect a customer driven organization
12. Be an independent problem solver who shows initiative, creativity and
resourcefulness while placing high value on teamwork13. Perform other duties as assigned.
In order to apply for this position, please submit the following:
1. Online in-district application form
2. Attach a Resume or Vitae to online application
3. Attach a Letter of interest to your online application expressing information that qualifies you for elementary or secondary principal
4. Attach 2 or more current letters of reference
KENNEWICK SCHOOL DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
"The mission of the Kennewick School District is to send our youth into the future ready to reach their potential as adults through a lifetime of learning."Kennewick School District enrolls 18,000 students served by a staff of approximately 2,000. There are 18 elementary schools (K-5), 5 middle schools (6-8), a vocational skills center and 3 high schools (9-12) plus three non-traditional high schools.The Kennewick School District has a strong emphasis on quality reading, writing and math instruction. The strategic plan includes a goal of 90% of our third graders to be reading on grade level. Each building principal has the responsibility of guiding their building toward student learning and assessment.Kennewick School District is an equal opportunity employer. All hires are conditional on a satisfactory Federal/State criminal background investigation.Branch campuses of Washington State University and Columbia Basin Community College are located in the Tri-Cities.**COMPLETION OF SAFE SCHOOLS/VECTOR TRAINING IS A CONDITION OF
EMPLOYMENT**PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Mobility: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, push or pull 18-26 lbs., sit, kneel and crouch, twist and bend, use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arm.Sense: The employee is required to talk/hear conversations and other sounds. The employee must be able to communicate effectively in person and over the telephone. The employee is required to taste and smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, far vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Lifting: The employee must be able to lift or move up to 10 lbs. regularly and occasionally up to 26 lbs; must also be able to lift overhead. The employee may be required to physically move quickly in an emergency or while performing student supervision duties.WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Hazards: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work outdoors in a wide variety of temperatures; from -10 degrees F to 100 degrees F +. The employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in this work environment is moderate.The Kennewick School District provides equal access to all programs and services without discrimination based on sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or use of trained dog, guide or service animal by a person with a disability, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:Civil Rights & Equity: Douglas Christensen- (509) 222-5010 (firstname.lastname@example.org)1000 W. 4 th Ave.This holds true for all students who are interested in participating in all educational programs and/or extra-curricular school activities in the Kennewick School District. Inquiries regarding compliance procedures or requests for reasonable accommodation may be directed to the School District's Associate Superintendent or Director of Human Resources.
Applications will be accepted
Keywords: Kennewick School District 17, Kennewick , 19337 - Elementary Principal, Education / Teaching , Kennewick, Washington
here to apply!