Project Manager Engineering - International
Company: Lamb Weston
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Title: Project Manager Engineering - International
Location: Kennewick, WA
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato,
appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers
around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced
innovative, inventive products that make life better for our
customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for managing and directing projects of
varying size and scope. Projects may include investigating or
developing processes, developing project concepts and budgets,
troubleshooting or investigating technical issues or implementing
capital projects. Project Manager's also assist in the development
of engineering resources, procedures and best practices. Project
Manager's may at times direct or be part of a project team(s).
Project work including design, CIR write-ups, preparing and
presenting project reviews and presentations, developing contractor
bid packages, overseeing project installation, cost tracking,
training and startup assistance as well as post project support are
normal work activities. The position will participate in various
project teams and work independently as required by the various
assignments. This position requires the ability to travel and
participate in projects at various locations Internationally and in
North America as required to meet the project requirements. Working
closely with the various levels of Procurement, Operations
Management, EHSS, Food Protection, Engineering, Continuous
Improvement, Plant Staff, and Production Personnel is critical.
This position coordinates activities with LW operations and is
based out of our Kennewick, Washington, engineering office.
- Manage and drive engineering efforts in the plants and for
- Accountable for timely, accurate and effective implementation
of engineering and project related work.
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of
- Meet or exceed project quality, cost and schedule metrics.
- Apply and Lead project teams in the VSU process.
- Capability to effectively lead any size project, including
projects greater than $400MM USD.
- Updating Specifications as needed to assure accuracy Drive
corporate engineering Project Management initiatives.
- Drive and Support Contractor and Team Safety every day /every
- Drive for a TIR of '0' ZERO.
- Meet or exceed project quality, cost, forecasting, schedule and
- Lead project collaboration and integration.
- Lead direct reports (if applicable) and work with other
- Operates with an empowerment and support management style.
- Facilitates the implementation of specifications and
engineering best practices.
- Develops engineering staff to build a positive team culture
that leverages resources across the business and supports our
- Reflects our LW values, supports our LW vision and helps
complete our LW mission.
- Help insures LW projects reliably achieve performance, quality,
schedule and cost expectations.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- BS in Engineering.
- Previous experience as a Sr. Engineer, Project Engr. and/or
Plant Engineering Manager with Cap/Ex experience.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in leading diverse teams,
particularly in a matrix environment.
- Excellent communication, technical, analytical, organizational
- Excellent creative and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of IQF potato manufacturing is highly
- PQ and APT training preferred. If not must quickly obtain.
- Experience with plant engineering, maintenance and
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (written
- Knowledge of food manufacturing processes, regulations and
- Knowledge of LW specific operations processes and programs is a
- Experience and knowledge of industrial plant construction,
codes, practices, and engineering requirements is a benefit.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project
and applied use of AutoCAD applications.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time on average with peaks
potentially exceeding that amount for some duration.
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the
following physical demands without assistance:
- Sitting for up to 8 hours a day
- Lift up to 15 pounds occasionally (up to 25 pounds
- Walking on various manufacturing facility surfaces
- Climbing up ladders and stairs
- Exposed to plant noises and vibrations
- Temperature changes from hot to cold depending on work
- Ability to safely operate a Company vehicle.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our
benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the
most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and
Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous
company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock
purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other
concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status,
and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining
Job Requisition ID: Req-230315
Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any
other protected factor under federal, state or local law
Keywords: Lamb Weston, Kennewick , Project Manager Engineering - International, Executive , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!