Radiological Project Manager
Company: Envirocon Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2019
The Project Manager is the lead manager Department of Energy (DOE)
projects. This position requires travel nationwide. The Project
Manager is the primary interface between the corporate support
groups and the project management team. The Project Manager is
responsible for the total execution of projects, which includes the
following: safety leadership, profit and loss, regulatory
compliance, efficient utilization of resources, contract
administration, cost administration, building the project per plans
and specifications, schedule adherence, and meeting
production/profitability goals. Project Managers are responsible
for all client interaction on projects. Assigned projects are
generally from $500,000 to $25,000,000. Project Managers are
expected to support business development efforts with existing
clients by identifying and communicating information regarding
client organizations and future opportunities. When not assigned to
projects, Project Managers are expected to support broader sales,
proposal and estimating activities. The Project Manager is expected
to use their experience and judgment to make decisions within their
limits of authority.Kennewick, WA but negotiable.Essential Duties
- Committed to and responsible for Envirocon's Safety Culture &
actively involved in project Health and Safety, including;
- Embraces and enforces the site and corporate Health and Safety
- Works with the site Health and Safety representative and Site
- Ability to review project hazards and participate in Job Hazard
- Perform pre-task planning
- Brief craft before assigning new task
- Participate in incident investigation and reporting
- Manage and direct project teams by providing clear
communication, coordination and follow up to meet project goals and
objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are
clearly defined and understood.
- Establish project procedures and execution of project
activities consistent with contractual documents and quality
- Serve as project representative with client, contractors,
subcontractors, and vendors at kick off meetings, job walks,
project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
- Responsible for the successful execution of assigned projects
and is the primary interface between the corporate support groups
and project management team.
- Responsible for the overall profit and loss for assigned
- Responsible for generating basic project schedules, and the
ability to read and understand more complex critical path logic
schedules generated by others.
- Responsible for determining and resourcing the necessary
equipment for effective execution of projects.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Operations Director and
Human Resources for the reassignment, hiring, and training of all
project personnel including project craft and salaried staff.
Responsible for Personnel Performance Management from beginning to
end of project for all direct report personnel.
- Responsible for scheduling resources on an overall project
- Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project
procedures are followed.
- Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in
project scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Responsible for having a fluent understanding of Envirocon cost
administration process including completing or reviewing weekly
receiving reports, completing monthly final forecast cost and
revenue forecasts (FFC/FFRs) reading and understanding
weekly/monthly unit cost reports, and determining weekly and
monthly production quantities. Work in conjunction with assigned
Project Accountant (PA) and Project Controls Specialist
- Responsible for having an understanding of general contract
administration and a complete understanding of assigned project
contract requirements including the tracking of pay quantities,
recognizing a change in scope or conditions, development of claims
and responsible for leading claim and change negotiations. Work in
conjunction with assigned Contracts Manager.
- Responsible for the management of subcontractors and working
with Subcontract Administrators (SA).
- Responsible to follow the company's policies in the procurement
of materials, vendors, and subcontractors for assigned
- Responsible to keep accurate project documentation.
- Takes part in the estimating and proposal process to include
attending job walks, read and understand project plans and
specifications, equipment selection, subcontractor selection,
establishing production rates, and developing overall approaches to
- Provide business development support and assist with client
interaction. Build and maintain awareness of client organization
structures, decision-makers, etc. as well as understanding of
future projects/opportunities for Envirocon. Share client knowledge
with supervisor(s) and support business development activities, as
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement, maintain and document in Halogen all ASMART goals,
personnel development and mentoring of direct reports assigned to
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety
of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing. Excellent
customer relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems,
keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues or risks. Have a
strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include
efficient technical writing skills as well as client
- Must have proficient computer skills including the use of the
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project Scheduling software
including Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Fluent contract and cost administration skills.
- This is a project-based position and requires extensive travel.
Relocation is not required.
- Understands equipment selection and utilization.
- Ability to read and understand project plans and
- Understand basic behavior based safety programs and enforce
company's safety policies.
- Current 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER certificate or 8 hour refresher
certificate or the ability to obtain if needed.
Education and Experience
- 15 years construction experience with at least 5 years as a
Project Manager, which shall include labor management associated
with bargaining units.
- 3 years of supervising work involving radiological contaminated
materials, chemical and hazardous material handling
- Baccalaureate Degree in Construction Management, Heavy Civil,
Engineering, Geology or related discipline preferred, or documented
relevant experience and education.
Keywords: Envirocon Inc, Kennewick , Radiological Project Manager, Executive , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!