Dental Department Supervisor - $5,000.00 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
This position works closely with the Clinic Administrator and the
Director of Dental Administrative Services to integrate departments
and complete assigned tasks. Provides leadership to dental
department support staff to promote excellent customer service to
patients and Providers. Works closely with the Clinic Administrator
and Dental Providers to assure the efficient operation of the
dental clinic. Provides support and assistance to the Dental
Providers during outpatient office procedures.
Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 on first paycheck and $2,000.00 at 12
months of employment.
- Coaches, mentors, and trains direct report staff. Assesses
competencies of staff, provides continuous performance management,
and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses
performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational
and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with
the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities
incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of dental support
staff. Participates in the recruitment and selection of the
Hygienist and Dentist positions. Provides orientation to outline
job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and
proper use of tools and equipment.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that
supports diverse ideas, backgrounds, and styles. Supports diversity
through the selection, management, and retention of diverse
employees. Creates, drives, and maintains an employee engagement
- Plans and manages the daily functions of the Dental Department.
Delegates, assigns, and coordinates work, ensuring an efficient
workflow that achieves the departmental mission and objectives.
Ensures on-going coverage is provided for all support staff,
filling in as needed.
- Manages Provider schedules to ensure scheduling guidelines are
followed, schedule is full, and daily targets are met.
- Reviews and monitors various reports and work ques in the Epic
system to include sliding fee eligibility and utilization as well
as registry and recall follow up.
- Manages telephone service factor on a daily basis.
- Manages AIDET patient communication surveys, compiles
communicates results, and makes any process or procedure changes
necessary to implement identified improvements.
- Manages the process for all Release of Information (ROI)
requests. Coordinates with Risk Management regarding healthcare
information to be provided prior to release.
- Prepares various reports for leadership as requested and
ensures the daily reconciliation reports for the Accounting and
Billing Departments are completed and forwarded in accordance with
- Monitors staff compliance with all policies, procedures, and
standards of Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC).
- May assist Dentist with charting, procedures, X-rays, and
materials mixing in accordance with generally accepted dental
- Keeps track of accounts payable documentation such as purchase
orders, invoices, check requests, and supply orders. Forwards
documents to the Clinic Administrator for approval and
- Conducts a variety of generalized administrative tasks and acts
as the primary office contact for fielding questions with other
departments such as Information Services related issues.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
(GED). Associate of Arts Degree or two years' equivalent experience
in a dental clinic or office management in a healthcare environment
- Experience: Five years experience in a dental office (front or
back) and/or medical office (front) required. Bachelor s Degree may
substitute for 4 years of the required experience. Associate s
Degree may substitute for 2 years of the required experience. One
year s supervisory experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Registration as a dental
assistant preferred. CPR certification required within 30 days of
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual
(English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to
communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to
receive bilingual differential pay. Knowledge of established
infection control techniques, concepts, and principles of practice.
Knowledge of medical and dental and terminology, dental anatomy,
dental materials, and instruments preferred. Knowledge of medical
records management preferred. Effective verbal, written and
listening communication skills. Ability to effectively interact
with a variety of patients, patients families, and employees in a
professional manner. Ability to prioritize work and handle a
variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Basic
proficiency with a variety of computer programs including
Electronic Dental Record (EDR), Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: associate, clinical,
dds, dentist, endodontist, general, general dentist, orthodonist,
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Kennewick , Dental Department Supervisor - $5,000.00 Bonus, Healthcare , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!