Health Education Class Facilitator
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: November 16, 2023
To recruit, provide and facilitate Chronic Disease
Self-Management Program (CDSMP) classes for community members in
assigned geographic areas.
Purpose of position.
Make phone calls to enroll patients to attend wellness classes to
help manage their chronic conditions such as Diabetes, High Blood
Pressure, and other chronic conditions. Documentation in our
electronic medical records system. Upon completion of training,
commit to facilitate online and in-person classes at assigned
geographic locations. Classes include Chronic Disease
Self-Management Program (CDSMP), Tomando Control de su Salud
(Tomando), Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP), and Manejo
Personal de la Diabetes (Manejo) .
What we offer
- Facilitates the chronic disease self-management classes per the
curriculum outline and established methods.
- Recruits participants for the classes.
- Actively engages participants in the classes utilizing
knowledge of cultural differences to provide an environment where
people feel comfortable to share and ask questions.
- Collects and completes participant data obtained from classes
and submits weekly records to the Program Coordinator II.
- Receives feedback from the Service Care Coordinator regarding
CDSMP program requirements and modifies presentation delivery
- Consults with and provides feedback to Service Care Coordinator
and Program Coordinator II regarding the classes and participant
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education:High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Experience:Six months experience as a volunteer, Promotor,
health educator, or a community resource information provider.
Computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Basic
knowledge and experience with ZOOM video communications platform.
Six months experience facilitating an educational class and/or
leading group discussions preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual preferred. Language needs
are based on demographics of the area.Must demonstrate the ability
to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to
receive bilingual differential pay. Ability to successfully
complete Tomando Control de su Salud or CDSMP leader training.
Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively
exchange, convey and receive information. Public speaking skills to
effectively present information in a public setting. Demonstrates
awareness and sensitivity to different perspectives and
consistently respects individual capabilities, culture, and or
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistentlytrustone another to work for the common
- We will fosterintegrityby demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstratetransparencyby being candid and truthful no
matter the risk.
- We will createpartnershipsto strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight forjust treatmentfor all individuals.
- We will letjoyin.
- We have thecourageto be an agent of change and refuse anything
short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: admission, associate,
counselor, elementary school counselor, guidance counselor,
pathologist, register, school clerk, student affairs, student
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Kennewick , Health Education Class Facilitator, Healthcare , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!