Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time - Days (LPN/LVN #)
Company: NaphCare, Inc.
Posted on: August 9, 2019
NaphCare is seeking fulltime day Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
to join our team at Benton County Jail in Kennewick, WA. These
positions are for fulltime days. 12 HOUR SHIFTS!
Position Requirements: Must be a graduate of an accredited program
for practical or vocational nursing and hold and maintain a
current, unrestricted nursing license in the state of employment,
as well as a valid CPR card, with a minimum of 1 year clinical
experience in a healthcare setting, with correctional healthcare
experience preferred. Position Summary: Under the direct
supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Director of
Nursing (DON), and Registered Nurse(s) (RN), the LPN/LVN is
responsible for providing nursing care within the scope of the
State Board of Nursing Practice as directed by the Registered
Nurse(s). Performance Expectations:
- Use knowledge and expertise to ensure that nursing processes
and systems are followed appropriately according to policies and
procedures, company performance, and accreditation standards.
- Work cohesively with the HSA, DON and RN(s) in the coordination
of the healthcare delivery system, as well as other functions
within the facility.
- Use all functions and applications of TechCareTM relevant to
the position with no supervision, and assist with staff training as
- Communicate effectively with clients, peers, and employees at
all levels within the organization. Maintain clear lines of
communication throughout issue-resolution processes.
- Demonstrate personal performance based on professional practice
standards, relevant statutes, rules and regulations and
- Take and document all patient history and vital signs, assist
with examinations and/or treatments, and report all changes in
- Administer all medications and document same on the Medication
Administration Record (MAR) in TechCareTM.
- Perform venipuncture and I.V. therapy, as approved by immediate
- Collect samples, specimens, and cultures as requested by
- Assist with daily triage/sick call, minor medical/surgical
procedures, and transcribe all therapeutic orders generated by the
- Initiate and document prescribed protocol treatment in
compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Complete at least 12 hours of CEU pertinent to correctional
health care annually.
- Assist with evaluating the quality and effectiveness of the
clinical services and assist in developing systems to ensure and
monitor patient care and safety.
- Demonstrate professionalism by using objectivity, maintaining
self-control when under pressure, separating professional from
personal issues, displaying emotional maturity, maintaining a high
degree of integrity, and promoting a positive work environment by
setting an example.
- Participate in all monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings as
assigned and required in accordance with contract compliance.
- Notify critical information to the next level of management
that may have a negative impact on client and/or vendor relations
or patient care. Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs,
correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs,
prison health services jobs
Keywords: NaphCare, Inc., Kennewick , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time - Days (LPN/LVN #), Healthcare , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!