Field Service Engineer
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Eatons Engineering Service & Systems Division is seeking a Field
Service Engineer (FSR) to join our team. This position is based at
our Kennewick, WA location.
Eatons Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you
fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team
of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This
team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service
engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies
such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities
and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about
todays cutting-edge technology and engineering techniques. We
assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering
start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned
maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing systemproblems
remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365
days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of
their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and
extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career
opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope
and responsibility within the organization. The Field Service
Representative is responsible for providing field service support
and consultation such as acceptance testing, commissioning, and
troubleshooting of low, medium, and high voltage systems; advise
customers and provide best technical solution to solve the customer
issue; complete assigned jobs with assistance from lead technicians
and engineers; conduct required tests and calibration using test
equipment; check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. Its where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potentialand where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide field service engineering and technical assistance to
customers in areas of installation, testing, startup, maintenance,
repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution
- Self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment
- Skilled proficiency in the following:
- Basic Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Intermediate Test Equipment Operation
- Advanced Troubleshooting Technique
- Advanced Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Protective Relays
- Basic PQ Measurements
- Skilled proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Intermediate Protective Relays
- Advanced PQ Measurements
- Disaster Recovery
- Rotating Machinery
- Protection & Control Design
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associates degree from an accredited institution AND / OR
military experience AND/OR Minimum 3 years of experience with power
distribution and field service with high school diploma
- Minimum of 1 year of experience evaluating and servicing
electrical distribution or control systems.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company
sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of locations listed will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and
servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly
- Experience performing power quality measurements,
troubleshooting, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience with protective relays is highly desirable.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited
- NICET/ NETA certification
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical,
electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working
with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company
interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug
- Possess an active and unrestricted drivers license.
- Must be able to obtain a government TWIC card
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal
histories, consistent with local laws. To request a
disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your
job search, application or interview process, please call
412-893-3600 or send an email to:
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America US/Puerto Rico
Kennewick WA Loc 2
ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Jibe YouTube ID
Requisition ID :106981
Keywords: Eaton, Kennewick , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!