IT Principle Systems Engineer
Company: Lamb Weston Inc
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Job Description Summary
The Principal Systems Engineer plays a lead technical role on our
IT Enterprise Services team. This individual will be our expert
professional which guides the development, maintenance, and support
of all Lamb Weston technical infrastructure that includes hardware,
Cloud and System software components. This role must have an
in-depth understanding of the technology landscape and act as the
face of the Systems Engineering group. As the lead technical expert
this role will be the go-to resource for other areas of the
organization. In addition, it is critical that this position
provides technical mentorship to more junior Systems Engineers.
* Researches and analyzes business trends and behavioral data to
identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives
* Leads the evaluation, development, and recommendation of specific
technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective
solutions that meet business and technology requirements
* Researches and designs best fit infrastructure, network,
database, and security architectures for products
* Guides the proactive creation and maintenance of tools for
monitoring and support
* Leads project budgeting, planning, and management across multiple
efforts and teams
* Creates and enforces process standards
* Collaborates with product and project teams to understand needs
and enable them with infrastructure
* Guides technology architecture design review efforts for project
and product teams
* Guides configuration, debugging, and support for
* Documents, reviews, and ensures that all quality and change
control standards are met
* Leads disaster recovery planning and engineering efforts
* Design business processes and workflow strategies for the
management, access, and retrieval of Enterprise data.
* Reviews, analyzes, streamlines, and documents business
* Mastery of physical server hardware and associated Hypervisors
* In depth experience with Windows Operating Systems
* Responsible for high availability, up-time, RPO and RTO
* Plan, organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple
tasks in an effective and timely manner.
* Meet critical time deadlines and deliverables by setting
* Document infrastructure and platform processes.
* Develop and document existing operational procedures.
* Design and document ongoing management systems that deliver
against strict requirements for functionality, scalability
performance and reliability.
* Guides root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem
analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
* Guides maintenance, upgrades, and support for existing systems
and infrastructure to ensure operational stability
* Design and document processes for automated script deployments
and supporting processes.
* Knowledgeable in O365 and its supporting systems (Exchange,
Security, Conditional Access)
* Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and
written, to end users and executive management, understanding when
to speak up and deliver an assertive message in support of the
* Team player must be able to work professionally and
collaboratively with our business and other IT members.
* Ability and willingness to multi-task and work in an often
fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
* Leads learning efforts inside the organization focused on systems
* Be fully capable to produce the following documentation with
minimal supervision: Process documentation, SOPs, workflows and
work integrations, system design documents
* Be accepting of new and ongoing responsibilities as our
* Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or
To view the full job description, click here
Keywords: Lamb Weston Inc, Kennewick , IT Principle Systems Engineer, Other , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!