Posted on: July 18, 2021
* A $5000 Sign On Bonus has been approved for this
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day. y and pursue your goals for the future, join
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As a home health occupational therapist, you will provide one on
one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using
a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative
solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care
documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time
with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and
independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and
collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families,
nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient
care team to develop and implement a patient specific care and
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote
the health and independence of the patient.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's
health and condition using required documents, reports and
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and occupational
- Current and unencumbered license to practice occupational
therapy specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by
- Successful completion of an occupational therapy program at a
school of occupational therapy approved by the American
Occupational Therapy Association or the Council on Medical
Education and Hospitals of American Medical Association or the
committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the
American Medical Association.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency
required liability insurance to perform home visits.
- One year of occupational therapy experience preferred. If less
than 1 year experience then approval from regional clinical leaders
required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Kennewick , Occupational Therapist, Other , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!