Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Field
Service Electronics Technician to join our team of world-class
customer service professionals. This position is based in the
greater Kennewick, WA area.
Eaton’s Power Quality Division designs, manufactures, and
services Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and
electronic-based products to ensure power reliability in the most
demanding applications. Our technicians deliver mission-critical
solutions to our customers’ most challenging energy management
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of
every employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be a key member of a world-class service
organization that recently celebrated 12 consecutive years
- Join an organization where your health & safety are the
number-one priority. Eaton provides our technicians with
the training, tools, and PPE to keep you safe on the job.
- Opportunities for career advancement through a
defined technical track as well as broader Eaton career
opportunities in various business functions.
- Have the support of a robust internal
infrastructure including 24-hour Customer, Technical and
- Continuous hands-on learning opportunities at
a world-class training facility as well
as field-based mentoring.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including
401K, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays,
- Tools including a company
vehicle, laptop, hand tools, meters and smartphone.
- Award winning efforts to recruit and
support military veterans and their families.
In this role, you will perform on-site emergency repairs,
start-up services and preventative maintenance in a 24/7 on-call
environment with regional responsibility. Products to include
UPS systems, power distribution units and batteries. You will
provide technical support to customers and serve as technical
advisor for operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
This position will be located remotely and will work out of a home
office within the immediate geographic area.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
Healthcare/retirement savings programs
Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of Power Systems, Battery technologies, and
Electronic Experience (coursework and internship experience
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted State
- Must have ability and willingness undergo and pass customer
entrance requirements, which may include, but is not limited to,
periodic background checks and drug screenings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates that currently reside within the immediate Kennewick,
WA geographic area will be considered. Active Duty Military
Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or
related field from an Accredited Institution or currently
enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering program with a
graduation date no later than May 2021 from an accredited
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Power Systems,
Battery Technologies or Electronics.
- Ability to read schematic drawings and knowledge of
troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Electrical technology Certificate from an Accredited
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to work with other CSEs and take directions from the
lead CSE on site.
- Incumbent may be required to perform the following tasks, but
not limited to, frequent, occasional, or seldom: repetitive
lifting/carrying pushing/pulling standing climbing squatting
bending kneeling or driving extended distances.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit
theory analog and digital electronic circuit theory and
microprocessor controls and programming.
- Understand how to use Oscilloscope.
- Understand how to perform phase rotation and phase alignment
- Basic understanding of network functionality and sealed and wet
celled battery theory and application.
- Understand the proper use of hand-tools, and when it is
appropriate to use insulated tools.
- Understand need for safety and comply with company and customer
rules on safety.
- Must demonstrate proficiency on products and field processes
before being dispatched to the field.
- Must provide high quality of service.
- Self-starter and motivator.
- PC Proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Windows,
Office, and Outlook.
- Proven/Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required, with up to 75%
of drive-time expected.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are
confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes
that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable,
efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These
values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the
planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time