Home Loan Sales Manager (External)
Posted on: October 12, 2021
STCU is a growing regional credit union
that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit
unions in the nation, and have been named as one of Fortune
Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a
strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, committed to
working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and want to make a
difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our
passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan – medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan
The Home Loan Sales Manager oversees the day to
day duties associated with leading an external team in origination
and sales. In addition to maintaining adequate personal
production, this position focuses much of their time helping their
team be successful. This includes leading by example in production
and networking as well as exhibiting a high degree of ethics and
quality of work.
Loan Portfolio and Production
- Manage the annual departmental and sales team production
- Provide relationship development training to the Home Loan
Officers to ensure superior member service standards are met.
- Work proactively with and mentor external real estate loan
- Ensure understanding of secondary marketing guidelines for
credit and product parameters.
- Market applicable STCU products and services primarily to
non-members as well as existing members.
- Submit monthly production report to the Director of Real Estate
- Manage the team’s productivity and operating costs
- Recruit, train, mentor and retain a team of external loan
- Partner with other Real Estate department managers to ensure a
high level of member service is achieved and maintained.
- Manage direct reports pipeline in partnership with the Real
Estate Operations Manager. Recommend process efficiencies for
higher level member service standards.
- Ensure direct reports are meeting minimum funding expectation
and are performing their duties and responsibilities in compliance
with federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Build exceptional relationships with external referral
- Identify new business opportunities to aid in meeting team
- Participate in community oriented housing organization and
activities to promote STCU Home Loans products and services.
- Member Relationships
- Ensure that member service is delivered according to
- Develop and implement a proactive member feedback method and
stay informed on all member issues brought forward. Follow up with
direct reports on negative member feedback and implement
changes/enhancements to improve poor service performance where
- Follow up with dissatisfied members and referral partners as
Team Development and Leadership
- Manage the performance, training requirements, and professional
development of employees, including planning, needs assessments,
design and development and evaluation of leadership
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and coaching to team
members in order to assist them in reaching their career goals,
increase their competency and promote team depth and unity.
- Communicate department direction and enable team members to
perform at the highest standards.
- Supervise the department/staff to include delegation of work
assignments, coaching and feedback, rewards and recognition, and
effective communication to include timely resolution of more
complex departmental issues, conflicts and/or concerns.
- Recommend and make changes in staffing levels, basic structure
and/or organization of the department to ensure effective
completion of objectives.
- Requisition new positions as needed and coordinate and
participate in the interviewing, hiring and training of team as
- Hold regular performance discussions with all external real
estate loan officers and discuss performance issues in a timely
- Lead team in external networking and community involved
- Act as an advocate for STCU Home Loans and lead by
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Minimum five years real estate lending experience in a loan
production environment with proven results.
- Minimum two years successful management experience in a real
estate loan production environment.
- Sound credit judgement, underwriting, analytical and problem
- Excellent pipeline management skills. Extensive knowledge of
the real estate markets they serve with a readily available pool of
- Must possess the ability to drive purchase volume.
- Working knowledge of loan underwriting guidelines, processing
and closing functions.
- Ability to carry out leadership responsibilities according to
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Ability to speak, hear and see.
- Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or
moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented
Please review our website for more information
Keywords: STCU, Kennewick , Home Loan Sales Manager (External), Other , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!