Community Development Officer II
Posted on: December 3, 2018
Company DescriptionSTCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of-- the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and have been named as one of Fortune Magazine---s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and want to make a-- difference in our members--- lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health Plan --- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Training and Development Programs
- Credit Union-wide semi-annual success sharing planJob DescriptionThe Community Development Officer II (CDO II) is responsible for engaging within the communities we serve by bringing financial education to students and adults and by actively representing STCU through continual participation in community events.-- The Community Development Officer II manages a Community Business Partnership (CBP) portfolio and finds new opportunities to assist with promoting the overall goals of the credit union to deepen member relationships and increase our growth.Principal AccountabilitiesRecruitment and Retention
- Identify and manage (recruit and retain) strong and meaningful relationships with Community Business Partners (CBP---s) and community organizations within the Inland Northwest to recruit new middle-to-upscale members and to deepen existing member relationships.
- Identify opportunities and suggest programs to showcase STCU as the leading financial literacy/education expert in our region through education outreach.
- Identify develop and maintain relationships with key contacts in K-12 education and higher education to identify, plan and execute financial education and community relations outreach.
- Track, analyze, and plan annual higher education involvement in collaboration with community relations team.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with organizations (CBP---s, civic groups, schools and universities, other not for profits) to identify, plan and execute financial education and community relations outreach to meet our strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with peers and marketing team to develop, promote, and maintain STCU---s My Life, My Money----- educational outreach programs.
- Identify and develop opportunities with other departments maximizing their expertise to fulfill strategic objectives and extend financial education outreach.
- Develop and present presentations on STCU products, services and the credit union difference.
- Communicate with branches and departments to ensure heightened awareness of special events, community development and financial education outreach.-- Conduct consistent communication and timely follow-up with branch and department personnel.
- Interface with marketing department to proactively ensure effective and efficient communications across all STCU communication channels for all events and education outreach programs.
- Provide timely follow-up and follow-through with members, CBP groups, staff inquiries and public inquiries.Community Education and Communication
- Collaborate with marketing to effectively promote financial education programs, community development efforts and campaigns.
- Manage the financial education and CBP reporting and tracking systems to identify growth and trends in providing services to current education partners and CBP---s.
- Input/manage/follow up on community development/community relations access database.
- Build awareness with members and non-members through the use of STCU---s electronic resources.QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor---s degree in Communications, Business or Marketing required.--
- Minimum of three years--- experience in developing and maintaining business relationships in a financial services or sales-related environment, to include the development of a business plan for community outreach.
- Active involvement and knowledge of community organizations in the Tri-Cities including the Regional Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development, etc.
- Previous community volunteer experience strongly desired.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including previous experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work group to include members, potential members, employees and community organizations in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision, while effectively identifying, organizing and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time and consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled. Must have ability to work flexible hours and overtime. Must have a reliable vehicle for travel to current and future STCU locations and work early mornings, late evenings and weekends.Physical Abilities
- Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time, with extended periods during presentations, benefit fairs, workshops, etc.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 50 pounds.Work Environment
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.--Additional InformationPlease review our website for more information at--www.stcu.org/careers.
Keywords: STCU, Kennewick , Community Development Officer II, Other , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!