Posted on: February 3, 2019
Company DescriptionSTCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine---s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members--- lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan --- medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing planJob DescriptionThe Teller I position will engage with and serve members by delivering efficient and accurate service in all transactions and delivering an unparalleled member experience. Team members in this role will provide financial direction to assist members in meeting their needs with recommendations or referrals for appropriate products and/or services.Deliver Unparalleled Member Experience
- Proactively greet members as they enter the branch providing prompt, accurate and efficient member service.
- Properly identify members, maintain member confidence and protect credit union operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain a basic knowledge of consumer products and services that are handled by Tellers.
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other related products.
- Introduce members to and assist with learning and using new and existing technology.
- Deepen member relationships by asking open ended questions and promoting appropriate products and services to members, directing them to other branch representatives as appropriate.
- Attempt to resolve basic issues/problems with member accounts.Teller Performance
- Perform Teller functions as needed to support the branch.
- Process all member and shared branch member transactions, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments, check orders, etc. accurately and efficiently.
- Be proficient with all cash handling processes including balancing a cash drawer, vault and night drop.--
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for authenticity and proper endorsement, and accurately enter deposits into system.
- Evaluate and place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Cash checks and process withdrawals; pay out funds after verification of signatures and member balances.
- Receive loan, home loan and other payments, and ensure accuracy when posting to the system.
- Complete special requests including taking orders for checks, exchanging foreign currencies, providing statement copies, completing CTRs, admitting members into safe-deposit boxes, etc. as needed.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer generated balance sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancy as required.
- Scan daily work and perform other clerical Teller functions as needed.QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum six months customer service in a retail or customer service environment with recent cash handling experience strongly preferred.
- Bilingual abilities, including ability to read, write and speak Spanish fluently is required.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key calculator.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate diverse information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.--Physical Abilities
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 25 pounds.Work Environment
- Highly interactive environment requires the ability and desire to actively engage members.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.Additional InformationPlease review our website for more information at--www.stcu.org/careers.
Keywords: STCU, Kennewick , Teller I, Other , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!