Mortgage Loan Officer - Kennewick
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Company DescriptionEmployer is a growing regional credit union that
is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in
the nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine's
Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong
desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to
working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a
difference in our members' lives. We love people who share our
passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and
celebration.Employer offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan - medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing planJob DescriptionThe
Mortgage--Loan Officer position is responsible for performing high
volume, accurate and timely Real Estate lending functions in
alignment with Employer loan standards and procedures.--*This is an
outside sales position focusing on home loans.--Key
Responsibilites:Home Loan Production
- Perform high volume Real Estate lending functions accurately,
timely, and in alignment with Employer loan standards and
- Interview and process first mortgage loan applications,
ensuring accurate information.
- Evaluate loan applications, credit reports, title reports,
appraisals, inspections and supporting documentation; making
mortgage loan recommendations while conforming to guidelines of
Employer policies and/or secondary market guidelines.
- Set clear expectations with borrowers on timelines, loan
conditions and closing dates.
- Originate Government (FHA/VA) loans and maintain current
knowledge of Government (FHA/VA) lending guidelines and
- Provide support to other External Home Loan Officers as
- Proactively communicate with management with respect to all
significant challenges or opportunities.
- Close a minimum of $500,000 per month with 70% of the loans
coming from self sourced external referral sources.Relationship
Development and Service
- Spend a significant portion of their time outside of the office
developing relationships and networking as a means for
- Attend all closing meetings for purchase transactions when
- Take ownership of issues by acting as the borrowers advocate.
Follow through on all commitments.
- Achieve a high level of efficiency in real estate transactions
to meet the needs of the member.
- Provide borrowers with solutions to financial needs
recommending appropriate Employer products and
services.QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Some college is
- Minimum of three years mortgage lending experience in a
financial services environment. This includes knowledge of mortgage
terms, title insurance and required mortgage processing
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS)
registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 is
- Ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of Government
(FHA/VA) lending guidelines and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include
formal presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills required,
including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse
work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and
communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain
reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete
duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled,
and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.Physical
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, see and operate a
computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.Work
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or
moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented
environment.Additional InformationPlease review our website for
more information--at www.stcu.org/careers.
Keywords: STCU, Kennewick , Mortgage Loan Officer - Kennewick, Other , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!