Business Banking Officer II
Posted on: July 3, 2019
Company DescriptionSTCU is a growing regional credit union that is
consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the
nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine---s Great
Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to
serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard,
have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in
our members--- lives. We love people who share our passion for
integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and
celebration.STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan --- medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing planJob DescriptionThe Business
Banking Officer II is primarily responsible for developing and
maintaining profitable business banking relationships including
deposits, loans and cash management services. This position works
to identify needs, recommend products, negotiate loan terms,
coordinate loan approvals and closings, in addition to managing the
business member relationships and existing portfolio. The Business
Banking Officer II originates business loans and provides member
service to members with credit needs up to $500,000. All members of
the Commercial and Business Services team are expected to strive
toward building a cohesive team focused on the STCU vision and
honoring our Employee Commitment.----Principal
- Manage and grow existing relationships; acquiring new
relationships within assigned markets for credit needs up to
- Develop and implement strategies/plans to assist Branch
Managers within assigned markets and establish behaviors for
success to achieve Business Banking goals
- Establish personal sales plans/strategies for assigned
- Develop a high value business prospect list of complete
relationships and generate new relationships through networking and
external calling efforts.
- Schedule face to face contact with prospects and convert to new
- Identify, develop and market all applicable Commercial and
Business Services products and services to existing and prospective
member business owners.
- Manage business relationships through consistent communication
with business owners to assess their level of satisfaction with
STCU and to determine further needs. --
- Coordinate new loan origination requests, conduct loan
closings, and refer other products and services as necessary
through the Branch network.--
- Develop and maintain partnerships with STCU Community
Development/Community Relations team.
- Participate in community oriented organizations and activities
to promote STCU and Business Services.Member Development and
Business Loan Production--
- Respond to and develop internal referrals from Branch and
Contact Center partners.
- Proactively contact current business members to build deeper
- Partner with Branch staff and the Cash Management to develop
treasury management relationships.
- Build Business Banking lending portfolio utilizing the Retail
Business Loans product and Accelerated Loan Approval Program
- Manage and develop an active portfolio of $10MM - $20MM.
- Maintain knowledge of and adheres to STCU---s Member Business
Loan policy, standards and procedures.
- Identify adequate terms, pricing and conditions for
presentation to credit administration within established
- Work proactively to develop and maintain sound credit skills in
cooperation with the Business Banking Manager and Commercial Credit
- Refer members, as appropriate, to other STCU departments,
including Commercial Banking, Investment Services, Cash Management,
Card Services, Lending Center and/or Real Estate.
- Serves as primary contact for assigned portfolio and maintain
overall responsibility for relationship--QualificationsKnowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related
field required or an equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum five years in a financial institution with experience
working with business clients.
- Minimum three years successful sales experience in a production
environment (deposits, cash management products, business
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining
positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse
work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and
communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain
reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete
duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled,
and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer
keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.Work
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or
moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented
environment.----Additional InformationPlease review our website for
more information at--www.stcu.org/careers.
Keywords: STCU, Kennewick , Business Banking Officer II, Other , Kennewick, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!